Friday, June 13, 2008

Fun with grandparents!

Yeah, so it's amazing how time flies when you have company. I didn't get to report on yesterday's events, so I will sum up.
We had a wonderful visit from Emma's Grampa Mike and her Great Grandma Lois yesterday and today. They drove from WI just to see us. :) We had a lovely time; Emma put on a great show for them by rolling around, attempting to stand up on her own, jumping in the Jumperoo, etc. It was such a great day yesterday that Grandma Lois, Emma, and I stayed outside for 2 hours, just enjoying the nice weather. I hope Emma gave them enough of her wonderful smiles. :) We had a great dinner at the Cheesecake Factory, where Emma promptly threw most of her toys (and food) on the ground. Argh. But, that's a baby for you! Since her naps were quite scarce with company around, she passed out at 6:30pm (and showed Grandpa Mike how she immediately cries when the bedtime routine starts). :)
Today was more fun with the grandparents. They got to babysit while I enjoyed a nice, relaxing, and ALONE trip to the grocery store! They left around 2pm, and it was wonderful to have them here. Emma and I enjoyed a walk with Gabe and Erin in the late afternoon, regardless of the crazy wind that had picked up.
I'm also including a picture of Emma eating paper; don't worry - she's always supervised!!! :) Of course babies love to put anything they can into their mouth, but our child prefers paper. Silly kid. And if you wonder why she's always wearing a different outfit in the pics, it's because she drools so much we usually end up with three different shirts during the day. Yummy. :)

No comments: