Monday, June 9, 2008

Walks, swimming, and more walks

Emma and I started our day at 8am, when she woke up. It was heaven. :) After her first morning nap, I packed her up in the stroller, grabbed some water, and walked to "downtown" Shakopee to go to the post office and the library. I was very proud of our endeavor - it's a jaunt!! Emma was perfect the whole time; she didn't make a peep, just ate her cheerios, drank from her sippy cup, and watched the world go by. It is something we'll have to do again. At the library we got some "new" kids' cds. Don't tell anyone - I burn all the songs! Nice, cheap, and great. :)
Later in the afternoon Erin and Gabe came over again for a pool party; Emma got to enjoy the big pool, which I filled with warm, bath-like water. Gabe just loves our ducky tub. :) They were great, and of course the mommies got some necessary girl chat.
Joel tried out Erin and Chris' (our neighbors) jogging stroller when he got home from work. It's quite nice - Emma and Daddy went to the mailbox together. Then Daddy showed Emma how to drum on the backside of her puzzle; that caused many giggles! Her bath went well, and she's been sleeping since 6:45pm! :)

No comments: