This morning Joel let me sleep in (oh, what a wonderful feeling), and after Emma's first nap, we all went to scope out some local garage sales. Didn't get much, but had fun. What we did purchase, though, was a giant duck bath for 50 cents! So, as you can see in the pictures, we decided it was the greatest baby pool ever. After cleaning it up and getting Emma prepared (yes, grandparents - I did SLATHER on the sunscreen!), we had a nice little pool party with Gabe, our neighbor. Emma enjoyed it a ton (except we think she wasn't sure at first...maybe the water was too chilly) until it was time for her 2 hour nap. Then she and Daddy had a "date"; they went to Best Buy and Target to blow some of Daddy's recent birthday money. He's happy to report that she was extremely well-behaved, and they had a blast! I enjoyed my own personal downtime, which consisted of watching the Style network and painting Emma's new/used ($5 from a garage sale a couple weeks ago) toybox for her room. Woohoo! She went down like a dream. Some nights I wish I could just crawl in there next to her and snuggle......
No comments:
Post a Comment